At Hazel Grove Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act of October 2010. We seek to demonstrate this through all aspects of school life, and in particular through our commitment to every child, fulfilling their potential. This commitment applies to our work in the classroom, our pupil support systems, our recruitment and retention of staff, and our work in the local and wider community.
As a school we will ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to achieve the very best that they are capable of, and will also guide parents on how they can support their child’s achievement. Where pupils experience barriers to their success we will work with them to address these in a sensitive way.
Through our work in the classroom we will ensure that pupils understand the importance of equality and what forms discrimination can take, and the impact discrimination can have. We will also seek to foster within our pupils their own commitment to promoting equality.
As an employer we will not discriminate on any of the following:
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage and civil partnership
We are working with the Governing Body to further review and develop our current school Equality policy in line with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, and in so doing will identify:
- What the policy will include
- Consultation with Governors, staff, children and parents
- How the policy and its impact will be monitored including recording and addressing any discrimination that arises
- The appropriate methods and frequency of communication to report on how well we are progressing our aims for equality, and the impact of the policy on achieving these aims.