In addition to the home learning websites provided for our pupils, we have added some useful links for parents.
The Department for Education contains programmes of study for all subjects, which our school follows. It also contains a wealth of information including: Key Stage 1 SATS, Key Stage 2 SATS,
Direct.gov and Stockport’s local authority websites also have useful information for parents and families about education.
Keeping your child safe is important and these parent websites will help you keep your child safe online.
- www.parentinfo.org – contains lots of good eSafety advice.
- www.saferinternet.org.uk – Here you will find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.
- www.childnet.com – An organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and the safe and positive use of the internet are addressed.
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk – The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has set up its own website which has been designed and written specifically for children, young people, teachers, parents and carers.
www.kidsmart.org.uk – Kidsmart is an award winning internet safety website for parents and those working with children. It has been developed by the children’s internet charity Childnet International and has excellent information on many of the technologies used by children, with guidance on how to ‘stay safe’ online.
- www.bullying.co.uk – One in five young people have experienced bullying by text message or via email. This web site gives advice for children and parents on cyberbullying.
- www.facebook.com/help/122006714548814 – Facebook family safety centre
For additional information see our e-safety policy.
When thinking about transition to high school, the local schools our Y6 pupils usually go to are mainly:
and sometimes children also go to