Our Cook and her staff follow Totalcare guidance and works hard to produce daily healthy meals which include a good choice for our children. Our kitchen achieved a 4 star hygiene rating in Spring 2018 and we provide delicious, healthy meals for our children. We missed a 5 star rating by a very small margin but we are sure our refurbishment will address the issues with the kitchen infrastructure.
Please click below for the 3 week rotating menus.
New dishes have been trialled and tested with pupils,teaching staff, support staff and catering staff in a number of schools and have received positive feedback. Throughout the year, celebrations are reflected in our dinners and packed lunches are provided for trips.
1. Base the main part of the lunch on starchy foods like bread, cereal, rice, pasta or potatoes.
2. Get creative with some alternatives to sandwiches, for example, wholemeal
pitta pockets, tortilla wraps or pasta salad.
3. Include some protein such as lean meat, chicken, tuna, ham, cheese, egg or
4. Aim to have at least one fruit or vegetable based food or drink in the lunch box to count towards your child’s five fruit and vegetable portions a day.
5. Children need to eat regularly to maintain energy levels, so don’t forget to include a snack. This might include a treat such as a piece of fruit, a small packet of crisps, crackers with cheese, a biscuit, yogurt, samosa, chapatti, a scone, fruit bun or chocolate.
6. Add a portion of semi-skimmed milk or other dairy food such as cheese or
7. Fluids are an important part of a child’s diet. Try a variety of different drinks such as a carton of fruit juice, water, yogurt or milk drink.
8. Try the mini-sized versions of your child’s favourite foods – a healthy lunch box does not mean giving up all the foods children enjoy.
9. Check out the Guideline Daily Amount (GDAs) information on the front of many food products and experiment with some different choices. You can also download our GDA factsheet by going to:
10. Pop a cool pack or a frozen drink in the lunch box to keep it cool and
remember to wash hands before preparing and eating food.